Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let's Spread A Lttle Love Around

I haven't posted here for quite awhile because after Yahoo! discontinued their Music Unlimited online music subscription, I didn't find a replacement subscription until about a month ago, when I joined Napster. I'm back on soundtrack, and it feels very good!

Posting on this blog is like free (and much-needed!) therapy for me.  I have several songs that I want to post here, starting with...

...Ricky Skagg's Spread a Little Love Around.  This song pretty much summarizes the way I try to live my life.  I think the world would more enjoyable if everyone on the planet would agree to listen to this song at least once a day.  (In my dreams!) 

Enjoy!

(Lyrics are below)



Lyrics of Spread a Little Love Around by Ricky Skaggs

Sometimes this crazy world can make us all feel bad
I sit and watch the news and just get mad
We need to stop and smell the roses in the ground
So get out today, and spread a little love around

Talk to a neighbor, volunteer a favor
Help out a stranger when his car's broke down
Give your wife a kissin', when your kids talk, listen
It makes a lovely sound, spread a little love around

You know it don't take much to make somebody's day
A kind word or tender touch goes a long way
We can change the whole world if we start in our hometown
So get out today, and spread a little love around

Tell your mom you love her, bear hug your brother
Treat your sister to a night out on the town
Throw the ball for Rover, wrestle in the clover
Put a smile on that old hound, spread a little love around

Slap your momma's fanny, tickle on old granny
Dance with the kids and act just like a clown
A little tiny kiss and hug, everybody needs that stuff
Turn a frown upside down, spread a little love around
When this world gets you down, spread a little love around



No comments:

Post a Comment